Well, this is the week I work on Mom’s tablecloth. I’ve started with the outside border instead of the center, which is good because when I finally hit the end of the first side I discovered my first mistake: My stitches were smaller than the pattern’s. Which would mean, upon completion, my tablecloth would be smaller than Mom’s. And since I do actually want a tablecloth and not a tablerunner, I picked up my trusty seam ripper and went to work.
Which led to mistake #2. You guessed it. Careful as I tried to be, I cut the cloth. Down went the seam ripper, up came the scissors. Good thing I gave myself nearly a foot of extra space on both sides. I simply snipped off that side directly at the border and started over. The pattern is back on its way with myself stitching over 2 over 4 instead of 2 over 3 and the difference is much, much closer to the original. After thirty zig-zag peaks I am just a half stitch shorter than the pattern, which would still leave me with a tablecloth in the end. I will post pics when I actually have something on this to photograph. Right now, it’s just an incredibly unwieldy border. The mistakes have set me back a bit, but my goal is to get three of the four sides done by the end of Thursday when its time on my rotation concludes.
Have a wonderful week, all! And thank you for visiting. 🙂